June 3, 2021 UPATE-
Great News! We have OPENED UP OUR FRONT PARKING LOT! There will no longer will be a circle drop off, parent’s will need to park and drop-off and pick up in the front lobby.
We will now only be taking temperatures of students entering the gym, and not of everyone entering the lobby. We have also moved our water fountain back into the gym. However, we still encourage students to bring their own water bottle from home.
Additionally, effective Monday, June 7th, masks will be optional for those fully vaccinated. Please know that we have not made this decision lightly – we have taken into consideration the new CDC guidelines, Governor Abbott’s last executive order, and Pearland ISD’s decision end their mask mandate after this school year.
Please also know that we are still taking COVID seriously – roughly 90% of our staff are completely vaccinated, our hand sanitizer stations are not going anywhere, and we are still sanitizing our equipment during every class.
With that being said, we do recommend our patrons who are not fully vaccinated to continue wearing their masks. We will be designating our café seating area as a mask only viewing area for those that are wearing a mask.
We have appreciated our RPGA family for following all of our COVID protocols this past year, and are happy to take this step into returning to business as normal!
April 30, 2021 UPDATE-
For the past year, we have been incredibly grateful to our families who have been compliant with all our COVID-19 guidelines to keep your children and our staff safe. And because of your efforts, we are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel!
As of Saturday, May 1st, we are no longer requiring our COVID-19 Questionnaires, because of our families who have understood proper COVID protocol and have not let their students attend class when they were showing symptoms, or knowingly exposed. We feel comfortable enough to no longer require the questionnaire so long as the above statement remains true. That being said, we do ask that you keep your student home if he/she shows any symptoms related to COVID-19. We do reserve the right to ask any student/parent to leave if they exhibit symptoms that are directly related to the virus.
We are also no longer limiting the amount of spectators inside the lobby. However, we are still requiring face masks to be worn by all spectators, and temperatures checked upon arrival for all students and spectators. Please make sure you are staying updated via email & website as our guidelines change throughout the Summer. We hope that this is a first step of many to return to business as normal.
June 26, 2020 UPDATE-
Starting Monday June 29th, the City of Pearland is implementing a strict face mask order. Since re-opening the gym our number one priority has been and always will be to keep all of our students and staff as safe as possible. With that being said, this won’t hugely affect us as we have already made it a requirement that ALL employees and parents must wear a face mask at all times while in the building.
However, because of the order, now all children 10 years & older will also be required to wear a face mask.
According to the order, children do not have to wear a face mask while doing physical activity and will only have to wear one when not in the actual workout area itself (foyer, bathroom, snack room, etc) until July 12th, unless extended. Because of this, we CANNOT allow students 10 years & older inside the building without proper face covering i.e. face mask, bandannas, etc. They will not be required to wear one while working out, so long as they stay six feet apart inside the gym, which is what we have been striving to do since we opened. Please parents, remind your children of this important mandate, remind them to keep their hands to themselves and to stay more than an arms length away from other students.
To our parents in our parent/tot classes, we appreciate your compliance of the face mask mandate and we ask that you continue wearing your face coverings while helping us maintain a 6 feet distance between class participants.
To our parents of preschoolers who stay to watch your students, please continue to wear your face coverings while inside the facility, which includes keeping your mask on while upstairs during class time. Please also only sit in the designated areas marked 6 feet from each other.
As a company, we want to thank all of you for being so patient and working with us during these uncertain times and ask that you continue to help us implement all of the proper safety precautions that were and are still very necessary.
May 12, 2020 UPDATE-
RPGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines:
We are so excited to welcome our students back on Monday, May 18th! Below are our COVID-19 guidelines for returning. These rules are for the safety of your students as well as our staff; please read over them carefully. Violation of any guideline below may result in the removal of your student.
As much as we can do to protect your students, we need you as parents to talk to your children about germs, keeping their hands to themselves and social distance to the best of their ability. Hopefully with your help, everything will run smoothly and the quicker we can get back to some sort of normalcy!
Students protections –
- Screening students for illnesses upon entering the gym –
- Temperature check for every student. Persons with temperature above 99.0 degrees Fahrenheit will NOT be permitted on the premises.
- STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE GYM IF OUR COVID-19 QUESTIONNAIRE IS NOT FILLED OUT. IT MUST BE BROUGHT EACH TIME THE STUDENT HAS CLASS (please find questionnaire below)
- Has your student or any member of your household been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Is your student or any member of your household experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Has your student or any member of your household had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Students entering the building procedure –
- Please do not send your student(s) into the gym until staff opens the front door of the building. Do not arrive prior to 10 minutes before class time.
- NO PARENTS are allowed inside the building if the student is enrolled in a school age class. These are:
- Mighty Ducks, Hot Shot, Kinder Girls, Beginner Girls/Boys, Intermediate Girls/Boys, Advanced Girls/Boys and all Cheer & Tumbling classes
- You are welcome to stay in the parking lot, but we ask that you do not enter the building.
- Allow just ONE (1) parent and NO SIBLINGS into the building for students enrolled in a preschool class. These are –
- Mom/Dad & Me, Flippin’ Frogs, Leaping Lizards, Tumbling Tigers.
- ANY PARENT INSIDE THE BUILDING IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK. Viewing for those eligible will only be available upstairs while maintaining social distancing.
- We will hand sanitize each student upon arrival.
- Please follow signs posted in the building regarding social distancing.
- Students during class time –
- Coaches will sanitize the equipment after each rotation.
- Coaches & staff will be wearing face coverings.
- Practice social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- THE PIT SHOP WILL BE CLOSED.
- Students will need to bring their own water bottle with their name on it. We will NOT be using any of our water stations.
- After students have left the building (see below for that procedure) staff will sanitize the lobby area.
- Students exiting the building procedure –
- For pick up there will be NO exiting out the front door for all P.M. classes. We will be opening the back door of the gym. The kids will be waiting in parking spots in the rear parking lot. They will be walking through grass, so please make sure they bring shoes with them.
- Please park and pick up your child there; they will be waiting with their coach.
- Children will NOT be allowed to walk through the parking lot without an adult.
- All A.M. classes will exit the front door due to low class numbers.
- All 55 minute classes and up will be ending 5 minutes early to allow proper sanitizing between classes and for exiting traffic flow.
Coaches & staff protection –
- Screening all employees reporting to work for COVID-19 symptoms –
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Temperature screening employees –
- Normal temperature cannot exceed 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperature will be taken onsite each day upon arrival before work.
- Washing Hands upon arrival and hand sanitizing before each class and after each event.
- Practice social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- All employees should stay home if ill, report any symptoms of illness to supervisor and require notification of COVID-19 positive case in employee’s household. Employees who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the CDC (i.e. do to age or underlining conditions) are encouraged to stay home.
- Direct any employees who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. answer yes to any of the screening questions, who is running a fever) to leave the premises immediately and seek medical care and/or COVID-19 testing.
- Coaches & staff will be wearing face coverings.
We also want to emphasize that classes are going to be restructured and may look a little different. This is due to help minimize contact between classes as well as coaches and students. Thank you so much for all your patience with us through this time. Please continue to bear with us these first weeks as we get use to our new normal! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]
April 30, 2020 UPDATE –
Thank you all for your patience. We know that these times are hard, and everyone is ready to get back to a regular life. Hopefully, this is our FINAL plan of action in regards to returning to the gym!
As you know, our initial goal was to open back up on May 4th, however, WE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO RETURN ON MAY 4TH. Our plan going forward is to return to classes as normal on May 18th, however, please remember that this situation continues to change on a regular basis. Please continue to bear with us as this situation is new to us too and we are all working through it together.
To make up for the weeks missed, we are going to extend our Spring Session into Summer, making our last day Saturday, August 1st. In our original Spring Semester, we had 10 weeks left after Spring Break. With that being said, the final payments for our Spring semester have already been run and, as stated in a previous COVID-19 update, we deducted/refunded everyone’s account by one week. Thus, you are still receiving the 9 weeks of classes you paid for, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 2 WEEKS FOR FREE!
In closing, we want to take the time and thank all our families who continue to let us serve this community, & more importantly, your children. The more people who will comply with the guidelines, the sooner we can get back to business as usual and teach your students!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]